Rhinoplasty is an intervention that often raises concerns in patients. Our experts advise that these guidelines be followed to better prepare for this cosmetic surgery operation:
- Perform blood tests and preoperative exams
- Avoid undergoing surgery during the menstruation period
- Stop taking vasoconstrictor and anticoagulant substances and drugs for at least three weeks before the procedure
- Quit smoking and consume alcoholic beverages for at least one month before the operation
- Do not put makeup on the day of the operation
- Fasting for at least 8 hours before rhinoplasty
- Go to the clinic with a family member or friend
It is important to sign an informed consent before carrying out any operation. In the case of rhinoplasty, “certain complications such as dissatisfaction and revision surgery should be included in each consent process. These data help provide a contextual framework, as well as valuable information in preoperative advice for patients and doctors on rhinoplasty and its possible complications.
Doubts and frequently asked questions
- Is rhinoplasty painful? Not at all, it is not something that our patients complain about; in fact, we take great care of both the surgical technique and the anesthesia so that as far as possible, it is as less harmful as possible to the patient.
- At what age can I have a rhinoplasty operation? It is not advisable to operate on any child or adolescent until they have finished their natural growth process. In girls, it usually occurs at 14 or 15 years old, but in boys, it happens somewhat later.
- How long does it take to recover from the operation? In cases of functional surgery, sick leave of approximately seven days is required. If it is a functional and aesthetic surgery, the time of discharge usually extends to 15 days.
- How do you ensure that the results will be appropriate for each patient? The nose should be improved, but always according to the characteristics of each person, facial beauty is a set that should not go separately. It is about knowing the patient well, perfectly understanding what he is looking for, and making a very real assessment of what his final result would be.
- What advantages does ultrasonic rhinoplasty offer? We managed to make the bone cuts in a much less traumatic way for the patient, which always leads to a better recovery and less bleeding.